Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Holiness and Adversity

Dear Son,
Now may our God and Father Himself, and our Lord Jesus Christ, direct my way to you. And may the Lord make you increase and abound in love to one and all, just as I do to you, so that He may establish your heart blameless in holiness before our God and Father at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all His saints. (1 Thessalonians 3:11-13)

On the adversity you are facing these days … recently, I’d like to share this with you.

St. Paul complained to God about his “thorn in the flesh” - a physical ailment that bothered him to no end. He asked God to remove it, but God said, “No, Paul, my grace is sufficient for you. My strength is made perfect in your weakness.” And we can hear Paul answering, “God did not answer my petition but He did answer me. He did not make life easier, but He did give me strength equal to life’s demands. He did not remove the nagging thorn in my flesh, but He did help me to live with the thorn and to transform it into a powerful means of grace. I know from personal experience that in everything (physical ailments included) God works together for good with them who love Him”

Love you Son,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment